ERASMUS Code: MK BITOLA01
ECHE No: 255200-LA-1-2014-1-MK-E4AKA1-ECHE
You can apply to UKLO as an exchange student for one or two semesters in case your home university is a partner university of UKLO.
Application procedure for exchange students
Your home university should first nominate you to the IRO UKLO via email and within the designated periods of time. The IRO informs the corresponding department and sends you (via email) the documents required for application. At this point, the documents can be freely circulated via email, using scans. Hard copy of originals is accepted upon the arrival of the student.
The necessary documents:
- Student Application Form
- Learning Agreement (for studies / for trainership) – UKLO receiving institution
- Transcript of Records (of your home university)
After receiving your application and having discussed it with the respective department, you will be sent an Acceptance Letter and any information on living and studying at UKLO and in Bitola.
- June 1 – for the winter semester/full academic year
- November 30 – for the summer semester
- January 1, New Year’s Day
- January 6&7, Orthodox Christmas
- Easter Friday – Easter Monday
- May 1, Labor Day
- May 24, the Day of Ss Cyril and Methodius
- September 8, Independence Day
- October 11, the Day of the Uprising against Fascist Occupation
- October 23, the Day of the Macedonian Revolutionary Fight
- December 8, the University Saint Patron’s Day – St Kliment Ohridski
TYPES OF STUDY PROGRAMMES OFFERED
The academic offer of UKLO is organized in three cycles
- First cycle study programmes (Bachelor), academic or professional
- three-year programmes – total of 180 ECTS
- four-year programmes – total of 240 ECTS
Second cycle study programmes (Master)
- one-year programmes – total of 60 ECTS
- two-year programme – total of 120 ECTS
- (the sum of the above two cycles equals 300 ECTS)
Third cycle study programmes (PhD)
- three-year Doctoral studies of 180 ECTS
- 1 full academic year = 60 credits
- 1 semester = 30 credits
UKLO offers instruction in Macedonian (mostly) and English.
Please note that fluent language skills are vital for successful academic achievement.
Required Language Skills
Students are expected to submit their results from the OLS test for English after taking the test and prior to arrival.
GUIDANCE AND PRACTICAL INFO FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
International Relations Office (IRO)
Ms Kaliopa Stilinovic (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of IRO
Ms Nurten Sulejmani (email@example.com), IR Officer
Phone: +389 47 242 278 (ext. 121 & 123)
Erasmus students can apply for a bed in the student dormitories. Beds are given to students on “first come first serve” basis. The rooms are double, with shared bathroom and shared kitchen. The access to internet is available in all the dormitories. The average price is ___ EUR/month/person.
UKLO IRO provides assistance with private accommodation for students in Bitola.